Monday, August 23, 2010

Praise

Today I was watching TV, suddenly I had an urge to turn off the TV and get in the word. I didn't turn it off, but muted it and went and sat the dining room table. I have been trying to get through the Psalms. In my devotional Bible it has some suggested readings. I have been trying to do the 30 days in Psalms, but I started that in January. As you can see it is taking me longer than 3o days. I struggle with the desire to read the work on a daily basis. That is where I need to work on the most. Spend time in worship and prayer. Not just at Church on Sunday morning. So this this the other part of my journey. It was my Journey with Faith (my daughter) and also my Faith in Jesus.

Today's reading was Psalms 65, 98 and 138.

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life, you stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes, with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will fullfill his purpose with me, your love, O Lord, endures forever- do not abandon the works of your hands." Psalm 138:7-8 (NIV)

Through my Christian walk I have heard many Pastors and leaders in the church tell us to Praise God no matter what. I am at the point in my life, how can I praise Him in this. All I want to do is ask Why God? What was His purpose to allow me to carry a baby in my womb that has no chance of life after birth? How can He put me through this pain? How can you offer praise? Not very easy to do. I know through it all I had for my child was unconditional love. It didn't matter to me that she was physically perfect. My child needed to be loved. Even if she did live, I would still love her and take care of her. As I am writing this I am also reminded of God's unconditonal love towards us. He accepts us no matter how much we mess up in life. No matter what we are physically. He sent his only son Jesus to die on the cross for our sin. Right now he is waiting for humanity to run into His arms and accept his unconditional love. The
choice is yours. Will you accept his Love and Forgiveness?

Praising His Name,

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment