Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Feedings

My intention was to breast feed.  After Joy being in NICU it totally messed that plan up.  I would pump but not enough milk was being produced.  So I was topping off with formula.  Trying to have her feed right from the breast was a no go.  She fed once or twice from the breast but not again.  Every time I tried she would take a total fit.  So not being able to feed breast milk was so frustrating to the point where I was having emotional break downs.  I had to make the switch to  formula.  


I think people should really stop putting the pressure to breast feed.  I understand that it is better for the baby but at the same time not everyone cannot can produce it. 


Anna

2 comments:

  1. You're a good mama. Don't let the pressure get to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you Anna. I feel the nurses at the hospital go over board with it and it can really hit you hard at such an emotional time. It was so bad with my first child that this time around I took my own formula to the hospital with me so they couldn't control when and how I would feed my child. I know this comment comes late on your blog entry, but I just read it now with the post of an update to your blog.

    ReplyDelete